Web applications may seem to be out of the world word at first sight. But, we use web apps many times in our daily lives. The list is endless: Netflix, Amazon, Hotstar, Google docs.
It’s bliss for customers; click on a URL and access all features at once. They can purchase anything online, book a ticket, watch favorite shows, perform banking, etc.
For businesses, the web app is a key to acquiring more sales and earning customer trust.
There is a slight twist in the game. Some are static web apps; others are custom ones. Custom web apps have features tailored for web admins and clients. We’ll discuss concepts in detail and what are the steps involved in creating custom web apps. Stay in tune to know more.
Web apps are websites that provide a user experience similar to downloadable apps. It includes big pictures, easy money transactions, and access to features as in applications.
The word ‘custom’ comes from customized. The whole purpose of custom web apps is to provide a customized experience for the target market or company needs.
In static web apps, it is not easy to make changes to the website. Only website owners can give commands to the server for all the possible changes. Custom web apps have several advantages like:
- Users can select products, put them into a wishlist, and purchase items as per their convenience, like in e-commerce.
- It is easy to look into employee data, emails, attachments, chats, queries in portal web apps. With this, clients can access their data anytime. Also, web admins have better control over what’s all is going on.
- Big CMS websites can’t enter all data by themselves. It is easy to manage user-entered content with CMS web apps.
Developers divide custom web applications into five stages, namely:
The foremost step is to brainstorm an idea of what you want as a result. It contains various actions such as market research and rough drafting.
If similar products exist in the market, evaluate how they are operating. What are the loopholes and other customer requirements? Another case could be, you want to launch a new product. For this, a market survey, questionnaire, taking interview will help you refine your idea.
You need not start everything from scratch. Review how your competitors are working. It will help you analyze what you must do and guide you on what you must not do. Develop your unique selling proposition to make your separate identity.
A Web design company can better equip you in making your foundation strong to set up a worthwhile custom web app.
Now, you’re clear with the idea of what you want to deliver. Next comes the planning stage. Without proper planning, it is impossible to proceed further with final execution.
It includes selecting apt technology stack, defining design and development directions, allocating resources, and deciding app architecture.
Technology stack is the combination of
- Frontend frameworks: Angular, React, Vue.js.
- Backend Framework: Express, Django, Rails, Node.js.
- Operating system: Linux, Chrome OS, Windows, and Mac OS X.
- Server: Apache.
- Hosting solutions: AWS, google cloud.
- Database: MySQL, MongoDB.
Popular technology stacks for custom app development are MEAN, MERN, LAMP, Python-Django. For example, here, the MEAN stack means MongoDB, Express, Angular, and Node.js.
Decide what should be the milestone, sprints to check intermediate progress. Frame the deadline and establish SMART goals to keep track of where you’re heading.
Designing is the crucial stage for setting everything right. Check out the web layout with wireframe and prototyping. You can either do it manually with paper and pen or using tools like:
- Adobe Illustrator
Setting colors, font, web elements is just one-fifth of the web design. It contains other essential ingredients like:
- What should be the significant content pages? And in how many links will the user reach the home page?
- Fixing user engagement and interactive parameters.
- Checking how much your app is usable. Can users understand and relate with what you want to sell.
Here, the action process starts. Web development has three parts front end that is how the client perceives your website.
Next, backend development includes what all hold your website. It contains which database to use and the server to support your information.
At the final stage, it is necessary to test a custom web app. Test and see its performance until it matches your expectations. Launch the website and promote it maximum to increase your reach.
In short, custom web applications are necessary to cater to particular business needs. It helps enterprises to achieve better ROI, brand recognition and become market leaders quickly. Custom web apps process is like any other product model, but with different detailing:
- For custom web app designing, see its usability, UX, and how its wireframe or prototype works.
- See its frontend, backend, and hosting solutions as a wholesome development package.
Before launching the app online, take feedback from team members and prospective customers.